Film Club welcomes I.N.K


The very talented, 'I.N.K' have joined Film Club's illustrious roster of Directors. I.N.K are a particularly mysterious bunch and have offered up the below extract to give us all a peak inside what makes them tick.

'The world is full of experts who seem to have the answer to everything, or a formulae, a new technique or an ‘ism’ to cure all.  We at the Institute simply say, ‘We don’t know’ - a way to approach the Universe in a state of ‘not knowing’ and curiosity.

“To except anything as true means to incur the risk of error. If I limit myself to knowledge that I consider true beyond doubt, I minimise the risk of error but I maximise, at the same time, the risk of missing out on what may be the subtlest, most important and most rewarding things in life. St Thomas Aquinas, following the Aristotle, taught that, ’the slenderest knowledge that may be obtained of the highest things is more desirable than the most certain knowledge obtained of lesser things.’ ‘Slender’ knowledge is here put in opposition to ‘certain’ knowledge, and indicates uncertainty. Maybe it is necessarily so that the higher things cannot be known with the same degree of certainty as the lesser things can be known, in which case it would be a very great loss indeed if knowledge were limited to things beyond possibility of doubt.”

- E.F. Schumacher, 'A Guide For The Perplexed’"

We're certainly left intrigued and are extremely excited to be a part of this mysterious movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment